Thursday, January 11, 2007

Our Anniversary

Yesterday was our Fourth Wedding Anniversary.

It truly does feel as if I have known this man all my life instead of 5 years. This is my 3rd marriage. Guess what?....3rd time really is the charm.

Ok, to get back to the subject. Our Anniversary. This last Christmas Jim got a very, Very, VERY expensive Mac laptop. At the time it was agreed the Laptop was "Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary, Happy Groundhog day and any other day that might require a gift or even a Happy anything. I got a nice diamond and sapphire neck less and so I really did not think we need to get each other personal gifts. We needed a bedspread so I thought it be a good idea to just get something for the house for our Anniversary. He thought it was a good idea and told me to get some towels and bath things to go with it.
Missy and I went shopping yesterday for it. Missy thought we should go to the "Big" mall as our mall while not tiny is not as big as Crabtree in Raleigh. We went to every store that had linen. I did not find anything I even remotely liked. We ended back at Cary Town Center Mall. At JCPenney where I wanted to go to in the first place. I found a really nice green...it is not a mint green and it is not an olive green. But somewhere in between those two colors. It is a whole cloth quilt with embroidery bed set. It includes the bedspread, pillow shams, a throw pillow, a sheet set and a bed skirt. All in a box for $299.99. It was on sale down from $550. Of course it does not match anything in the bedroom. Then we went to Bed Bath and Beyond. I go two sets of towels, a bath mat, a shower curtain and large rug for in front of the sink and a smaller rug for in front of the toilet. The towels and rugs cost $288.

We looked for curtains for the three windows. The curtains that are up there now belong to my husband and they are a nice manly blue and red plaid..Yuk. We found some O.K. lined green curtains for about $250 dollar. I just could not do it. I said I am going to make some. Missy thinks this is a mistake as I never really get around to making anything. But I am hoping the curtains are so glaringly wrong that I will be forced to make something else.

I bought the king size bed set but I have a queen size bed. I did that because I wanted the bedspread to be long enough to pull up over the pillows. I had pillow shams and they spend most of the time on the floor. I actually was hoping to just buy a bedspread and not a bed in the bag set. But I did not like any of them.

Our bed is massive and tall. I see needing some sort of stepping stool in my old lady future. The house is full of good quality massively male furniture. Dark wood and heavy. Nothing delicate or girly. Which is ok.

Anyway I have two pillow shams and at least a bed skirt to use for something else. I will have to figure out what to do with them. I could make some throw pillows or try to incorporate them somehow into the curtains. I am going to try and adjust the bottom sheet to fit but it doesn't work out there is another piece of cloth to throw into the mix. I am thinking about making roman shades lined with black out. Jim hates early morning sunlight. And then add some sort of window dressing on top of that.

We'll see.

No comments: